users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish v3 update

From: John Clingan <John.Clingan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 13:21:36 -0700

It's been a while since we have posted an update on GlassFish v3. We
are making continual progress as we head towards full Java EE 6
compatibility. There hasbeen a lot of positive feedback on GlassFish
v3 Prelude, especially the light-weight OSGi-based runtime, early
access to Java EE 6 features such as JSF 2.0 and EJB 3.1 lite, and
first-class JRuby support. You have most likely been seeing all of the
functional "one-pagers" emails. These are all consolidated in one
location: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/PageInfo.jsp?page=V3FunctionalSpecs
.

Note that GlassFish v3 will be split into multiple releases, much like
GlassFish v1 and GlassFish v2 were. GlassFish v3 will offer a single-
instance runtime that will be Java EE 6 compliant, but will have
additional features such as an embedded API, the addition of a Web
Profile, and more. Following GlassFish v3 will be GlassFish v3.1,
which will add high availability clustering, centralized
administration, and other advanced product features. Additional "dot"
releases will incorporate more features over time.

Please note the updated schedule: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishV3Schedule
. The Java EE 6 specification is nearing completion, and as the
reference implementation, GlassFish v3 nighly builds enable you to
track progress.

Please keep the feedback coming!