users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GF v2.1: TCP conn hanging with CLOSE_WAIT

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 17:39:18 PDT

Hello Jeanfrancois,
Thank you very much for taking time to respond to our inquiry.
In fact, the given option+value are currently commented out in our domain.xml.
We will add the option. However, we are not quite sure:
1) what the option does.
2) how it may relate to our issue (is it related to bugs listed in http://markmail.org/message/mf56jpd2atgy4n73?)
Would you know the answers/know where we may find further documentation? We searched documentation onlin for the given option but couldn't quite find firm answers to our above two questions. We just wanted to understand it a bit more so we won't be impacting something else inadvertently.

Regarding your questions:
"Is your application opening connection or reading file?"
- all it does is user post http request to our web app served by GF, then read/write some data from database via jdbc connection.
"Can you take snapshot of the file descriptor like every day?"
- I'm afraid that I do not quite understand your question ("snapshot of FD like every day")... Would you please elaborate on it?
"As far as I can tell we never leaked socket when ASQuickStartup is false."
- As I mentioned above, it is not currently included in the list of jvm options in domain.xml and I assume the default is 'true' (?). Are you indicating that absence of the given configuration could lead to connection leak?
"Are you enabling Comet by any chance?"
- No we are not enabling Comet.

We very much appreciate your help/insights!!!
Best regards.
[Message sent by forum member 'ur_afroinu' (ur_afroinu)]