users@glassfish.java.net

JAAS, webapp and Glassfish v3 vs. tomcat?

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:11:16 +0200

Folks;

not completely sure where to peek here, I am experiencing the following
situation: In a given project we're about to deploy a .war application that
contains custom JAAS code along with custom configuration files, like this
(log dumps taken locally when running in tomcat or jetty):

[...]
06.04.2009 12:02:52 ...
authenticate
INFO: Added default JAAS configuration
login.config.url.1=file:/home/kr/workspaces/prototype-clean/eclipse.security/data/default_jaas_config.txt

06.04.2009 12:02:52 authenticate
INFO: Added JAAS configuration
login.config.url.2=file:/home/kr/workspaces/prototype-clean/example.security.dialog/data/jaas_config.txt

06.04.2009 12:02:52
authenticate
INFO: Added JAAS configuration
login.config.url.3=file:/home/kr/workspaces/prototype-clean/example.security.loginmodule/data/jaas_config.txt
[...]

While running in tomcat, this generally works; however, while deployed to a
GFv3 server, the same application stops working throwing rather peculiar
exceptions about parts of the JAAS configuration not to be found. Sorry this
is rather fuzzy at the moment, but I am not sure where to really look as so
far I am by no means a JAAS expert. Where could I start tracking this down,
eventually?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian

--