users@glassfish.java.net

Can't access admin console anymore (or server doesn't start up at all)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 03:23:27 PDT

Hi,

a few weeks ago I installed GF 2.1 at my local Vista x64 computer. I setup a local HSQLDB and deployed a few small apps to GF. I used to start and stop the servers via command line. Now after a work-related break from playing around with my servers I want to start developing again but to my surprise, I can't access the admin console anymore. The server starts up nicely from command line giving the usual status messages and \Server\glassfish\domains\domain1\logs\server.log doesn't contain any errors. Still, my browser can't access the admin console nor any deployed applications. I appreciate any help for directing me to more logs or hinting me to possible solutions. As a sidenote, if I try to start the server from Eclipse the server doesn't start up at all (without giving any detailed error message).
[Message sent by forum member 'brausepaul' (brausepaul)]