users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ResourceAdapter (JCA) from EJB, in EAR

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 13:26:27 +0100

The problem of the unclean undeployment is not Eclipse related. You will have the same problem if you do a lot of deploy and undeploy cycles using e. g. the admin GUI or asadmin CLI. It is a bug in GlassFish v2. To workaround it, stop and restart GlassFish between (and / or) after deploy and undeploy. Yes, it is annoying, but it helped in our case. In Eclipse, there can be another problem: If GlassFish is started in the same VM that also runs the IDE, then it might be the case that the IDE did not correctly release some files. We had a similar issue with Eclipse Europa. It just kept a lock on some JARs after creating it and we always had to shutdown the IDE to be able to modify the archive. In Eclipse Ganimede it was gone.

Regards
Markus