users@glassfish.java.net

J2EE server client communication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:14:05 PST

Hello,

In this moment my Eclipse RCP client 'talks' to the J2EE server through EJB remote interfaces but in some cases I need some large amount of data (one time only and updates later) on the client and this takes a long time, especially when over the internet.

So I need to find another way of communicating, and I was thinking of switching to sockets, object streams and maybe compressed streams so that when the client application starts, it connects to the server, requests the initial data package, receives it and after that it listens for updates. The thing is that this is very slow also (without the compression now and probably this would not help much because it's serialized data anyway), so I need something else.

Could someone help me on this?

Thank you,
[Message sent by forum member 'coboo' (coboo)]