users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: Why do I have to restart GlassFish on every single little change? I

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 07:43:42 PST

> Arguably, you shouldn't be making changes like
> logging level changes or admin console timeout
> changes to a server running in production.
>
> However, I would like to not have to restart my
> domain so much during dev/test.

And you don´t.
The vast majority of changes during dev/test are redeploys of earfiles (and other deployment archives) and don´t require a restart (though in my experience it´s often better for stability to do one anyway, as it is with any appserver, there´s always the chance of something not being properly cleared from a ClassLoader somewhere and causing trouble down the line).
[Message sent by forum member 'jwenting' (jwenting)]