users@glassfish.java.net

Why do I have to restart GlassFish on every single little change? I

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:20:23 PST

Maybe it's just my particular installation of glassfish but it seems for even the most trivial change I have to restart the entire application server for the changes to take effect. Particularly for entries such as JNDI or enabling certain log monitoring features. Does it really have to be like that? Does changing my password really mean I have to shut down the entire application server for it to take effect? Enabling precompile means that again the WHOLE server has to be shutdown and rebooted again? Maybe I'm the only one annoyed by this but it certainly seems, ridiculous. I'm certainly curious how others deploy GlassFish for production issues handle that. Shutting down a E-Commerce site because you don't want your admin console to time out in 60 minutes seems a little awkward to say the least.
[Message sent by forum member 'xyonanexus' (xyonanexus)]