users@glassfish.java.net

Securing two GF v3 Prelude DASs front-ended by a load balancer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 07:07:07 PST

I need to secure a GF v3 Prelude configuration in which I have a load balancer balancing requests to two DASs. Looking for clarification/confirmation on how to set up the certs and trust relationships before I start.

Seems like I should just:

- Install the (instance) certificates for the two DASs into the config/keystore.jks files for the DASs
- Install the CA cert for the LB into the config/cacerts.jks files for the two DASs

Is this correct?

And, is it recommended to use keytool for this or is there an asadmin argument that I ought to use? (If so, what?)

Is this anywhere in the docs? I could not find it - there are explanations of what certs are and even how you generate them but I could not find a reference to how you install a cert (CA or otherwise) into the container.

Thanks,

David
[Message sent by forum member 'dgolds' (dgolds)]