users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAXB annotation is placed on a method that is not a JAXB property

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 07:49:12 PST

Norwaywoods, sir (or madam), thank you, thank you, and thank you for pointing me to the right path. I would never have guessed that the culprit was EclipseLink. I had perused the the JPA, JABX specs and the glassfish Developer's Guide but to no avail. But little did I know that the little bugger (pardon my French) was EclipseLink weaving and all that.

Reading about EclipseLink on the Eclipse's website, one detects an overkill for a DAO—the various documentations are enough to start a volume One encyclopedia. I say, whatever happened to the good old JDBC?

Yes the problem was caused by EclipseLink 'weaved' JPA Entities, and disabling the weaving in the persistence.xml solves the problem:

<persistence>
        <properties>
            <property name="eclipselink.weaving" value="false" ></properties>

OR [In my case]

            <property name="eclipselink.weaving.changetracking" value="false" ></properties>
</persistence>

Of course you wouldn't encounter this problem if you are not using weaving. In my case I was using:

 '_at_org.eclipse.persistence.annotations.ChangeTracking( org.eclipse.persistence.annotations.ChangeTrackingType.ATTRIBUTE)'

Here is additional info on weaving:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Using_EclipseLink_JPA_Extensions_(ELUG)#How_to_Disable_Weaving_Using_EclipseLink_Persistence_Unit_Properties

Nuff Said!
[Message sent by forum member 'nuffsaidx' (nuffsaidx)]