users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Object Serialization Performance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:44:32 PST

I have found some information about indirection (lazy loading) serialization :

"When using indirection (lazy loading), it is likely that a graph of persistent objects will contain untriggered indirection objects. Because indirection objects are transient and do not survive serialization between one JVM and another, untriggered indirection objects will trigger an error if the relationship is accessed after deserialization."

So when my entities are serialized, I keep the references to IndirectSet instances.
Theses instances take a lot of space because they contain all needed information to retrieve data from the database.

Is it possible to remove indirectSet instances from my entities without modifying the underlying data in the database?
[Message sent by forum member 'nlsbo' (nlsbo)]