users@glassfish.java.net

Re: jaxws Form based authentication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:29:53 PST

Suyog,
We have explored this issue and have found the same problem. It appears that a single mode (BASIC, FORM, CLIENT-CERT) can be supported in a given project by providing a Realm, Connection pool, datasource and the appropriate entries in the web.xml as you have shown below. We moved a webservice to a separate project in our enterprise application to allow the application to support forms-based login at the front end and basic (web browser-based) login for the webservice. I have been involved in a running dialog with two very helpful individuals on the GlassFish developers mailing list at: dev_at_glassfish.dev.java.net. In a nutshell, it has been recommended to add the webservice to the application-ejb project rather than the application-war project in our enterprise application. In this manner, we could generate a sun-ejb-jar.xml to house the login config information and have this be discrete and different from that in the application-war project's web.xml. I have yet to test this and plan to report back to each forum once this has been completed.
Container: GlassFish v2ur2
Architecture: Java EE5
IDE: NetBeans
DB: Oracle 10g
Platform: EJB3
-Michael
[Message sent by forum member 'codealchemist' (codealchemist)]