users@glassfish.java.net

precompression of static content?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:11:09 PST

I have compression enabled and working on my server.
But Is the server capable of doing pre-compression of static content?
Is my understanding correct that the server compresses each file on the fly when compression is enabled?
I read there that some other server can pre compress static files to save the duplication of doing it over and over for each request.

ref: http://www.aptivate.org/webguidelines/Compression.html

Second question:
I read on a blog that the INTEGER value entered for minCompressionSize is in "OCTET". What is the implication of this? Does it impact the integer one enters?
Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'russpet' (russpet)]