users@glassfish.java.net

INFO level warning messages in gf v2ur2 on every request

From: Alex Sherwin <alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:50:51 -0500

Every request I make contains an entry in the server.log of glassfish such
as this:

[#|2008-12-02T10:41:19.906-0500|INFO|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.syste
m.container.web|_ThreadID=24;_ThreadName=httpSSLWorkerThread 8080-1;|Unable
to find a <servlet-name> element which map:
/masterws_DEV_ROUTING_M1/counterparty/create|#]

The web app (Using Jersey as a JAX-RS provider) with context
"/masterws_DEV_ROUTING_M1" has the Jersey servlet-mapping defined as:

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>Jersey Web Application</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

Despite this message, the requests still work fine (request gets to back
end, does work, returns valid response to client)

This only happens when BASIC security is turned on in web.xml. I've tried
making the request with different sources (browsers, curl, Jersey client
libs), and they all result in the same warning in server.log.

If I turn off security, there are no messages printed

Any ideas? I started this on the Jersey mailing list, but after narrowing
it down it appears to be caused by the glassfish security

Alex Sherwin
alex.sherwin_at_acadiasoft.com