users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Check Remote EJB is available

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 02:00:15 PST

Our application is split over three physical servers and they need to communicate with each other using RMI. They also can be started and stopped independently of one another, so ensuring that they are up would have to be done by 'pinging' them before the lookup. Is there a better way to do this?

When we run all three portions (lets call them A, B and C) of the application on one domain in our dev environment then then at startup A tries to lookup a EJB's on B and C. And B tries to lookup an EJB on A. So as glassfish starts up it loads the first app B and it tries to lookup EJB on A, but A is not started yet and it goes into a loop. The result is that the glassfish server fails to start up. I am not sure if the glassfish server is accepting EJB lookups at this point and not finding the EJB or it is not accepting them.
[Message sent by forum member 'cedricfranz' (cedricfranz)]