users@glassfish.java.net

[V3]How to disable class caching

From: akochnev <akochnev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:10:40 -0800 (PST)

I'm working on a Tapestry 5 application deployed to Glassfish V3 in
development. One of the important T5 features are the ability to reload the
page and component classes on the fly (without restarting the app/context).
When I use the app w/ Jetty, the class reloading works great, I can just
drop the newly compiled classes into the exploded war directory of the web
app and I get the new versions. However, w/ Glassfish (V2 and V3), there
seems to be some kind of class caching going on : I can see T5 logging that
it's reloading the classes in question. When I reload the T5 page classes, I
do get the T5 messages that the classes are reloaded; however, when I reload
the page, it appears like the app server has some kind of cache for the
class in question, and as a result I am unable to reload my pages in
development.

THus, my question is : is there a way to tell the V3 classloader to not
perform this kind of caching ?