users@glassfish.java.net

Re: (JAX-RS) How to correctly recieve multipart message using _at_Post ?

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 15:54:51 +0100

On Dec 2, 2008, at 3:44 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> Hmm, javamail is in glassfish you say? I use glassfish (included in
> latest netbeans build) and don't have it.

It should be there:

- for v2 see lib/mail.jar

- for v3 see glassfish/modules/javax.mail.jar

If you create a new Web application, ensure you are using Java EE 5,
then you should be able to reference and use the JavaMail classes.

> Ok I'll probable go with javamail, as you suggested.
>
> Unless there is are more intuitive (or more elegant) way to handle
> post requests using normal servlets...

For multipart/form-data i do not know of anything.

The use of @FormParam with multipart/form-data is reasonably elegant
IMHO as it hides much of the processing details, but i think we can
improve it by also enabling a Java bean approach.

Paul.