users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish v2ur2 ignores my LoginModule

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:59:05 PST

This is yet another question about how to get custom realms working. I managed to get Glassfish to load my Realm but it seems to never invoke my LoginModule's authenticateUser().

Here is what I did:

1) MyRealm extends AppservRealm
2) MyLoginModule extends AppservPasswordLoginModule
3) MyRealm.init() invokes "setProperty(JAAS_CONTEXT_PARAM, props.getProperty(JAAS_CONTEXT_PARAM));
4) MyRealm has property "jaas-context" set to "myRealm"
5) login.conf contains:

myRealm {
        somePackage.MyLoginModule required;
};

... I'm totally at a loss as to how to debug this further. I really wish Glassfish would give me more debugging information to go on. I tried enabling "-Djava.security.debug=all" but then Glassfish would hang on start up.

Any ideas?

Gili
[Message sent by forum member 'cowwoc' (cowwoc)]