users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to access local interface from MDB?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:14:43 PST

Thanks Ken,

That works. I created a new EAR that includes the target EJB and the MDB.

The only drawback is that the MDB's ejb-jar.xml file has to be edited to list the referenced EJB(s), despite the fact that it (the MDB) has been deliberately written to NOT need to know this.

If there were some way to list the dependency in the EAR's application.xml (or some other file) that would be better: then the packager could take the 2 completely independent projects (MDB and EJB) and glue them together, without having to change either.

[I tried adding an ejb-jar.xml file to the EAR's conf directory that listed only the ejb-local-ref but it failed miserably ... it seemed to confuse GF horribly :-]

Again, thanks for a great response :)
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury)]