users@glassfish.java.net

ORA-1000 Max Open cursors

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:49:59 PST

We have a legacy app that was ported from WebLogic to Glassfish. Now that the app is in production we are getting random "max open cursors" exceptions from Oracle.

We believe the application EJBs are failing to properly close connections, prepared statements and / or result sets.

Our developer are busy trying to find any leaks, but it is a tedious and time consuming process. We are also writing wrappers for the jdbc calls to monitor open and closes, but again this will take time.

In the mean time we are also researching possible solutions using the options available in the "advanced" options for connection pools.

We think that setting "Max Connection Usage" to 1 (or other small) number may help because it will force connections to close and allow ORacle to release it's cursors.

"Leak Timeout" and "Leak Reclaim" also seem promising but we are not sure.

Any comments or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan
[Message sent by forum member 'bryanut' (bryanut)]