users@glassfish.java.net

Re: "java.net.UnknownServiceException: no content-type"

From: Sahoo <sahoo_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 18:40:27 +0530

OK, I was wrong in my previous interpretation of the exception. That
exception does not mean "scheme is not recognized," that means the
content type header was either null or unrecognized [1]. I think the
content type header was null; you can check by adding a debug statement
to print url.getContentType(). What is surprising to me is that you said
this worked in Java SE mode. Can you please let us know what
url.getContentType() prints in both the environments. May be that would
provide some hint. I should also warn you that I don't have in-depth
knowledge in java.net package, so don't curse me if this turns out to be
a futile exercise.

Thanks,
Sahoo

[1]