users@glassfish.java.net

Outgoing SSL socket from inside glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:54:50 PST

I'm trying to create an outgoing SSL socket connection from within servlet (no EJB stuff here) running in Glassfish. I have some code that used to work on AppServer 7 but does not seem to work Glassfish (we have it configured in EE mode)

Q: What is the "textbook", recommended way to create an outgoing SSL connection from within Glassfish? Mature app-servers (aka weblogic) have you lookup an SSLSocketFactory and just use it, and that pulls trust from the container. I would _like_ to do something like that if its possible

On Sun-AppServer 7, I used to be able to use NSS directly, but it does not seem to work at all on GF, I get the following exception:
[CODE]
org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager$NotInitializedException
        at org.mozilla.jss.CryptoManager.getInstance(CryptoManager.java:717)
        at com.myco.net.NSSTLSProvider.inspectTruststore(NSSTLSProvider.java:69)
        at com.myco.net.NSSTLSProvider.init(NSSTLSProvider.java:105)
        at com.myco.net.ClientBase.initContext(ClientBase.java:58)
[/CODE]
[Message sent by forum member 'suggarglider' (suggarglider)]