users@glassfish.java.net

Re: tomcat vs glassfish

From: Sreekanth <sreekanth.manga_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 23:10:01 +0530

Hi,
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:39 PM, <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org> wrote:

> When I write application from tutorial and when I set Glassfish as server I
> want to use I don't get any errors. But my glassfish server won't work for
> me, so I set Tomcat as server I want to use. And now, without changing code,
> I get errors like this
>
> package javax.faces does not exist?

If I understand correctly, You say you don't get any errors when deploying
the app in glassfish and see errors in tomcat.Then do you have jsf
libraries in tomcat?By default glassfish comes with JSF library.So you dont
see any errors there.

For other containers you need to download from here :
https://javaserverfaces.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=5420&expandFolder=5420&folderID=5420

For more info see this:
http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/download.html

Thanks,