users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Exception Defined as Application Exception Not Given Unwrapped by Conta

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 14:35:59 PST

> Ksak,
>
> Here is the requested stack trace.
>
> Based on the stack trace below, does this mean that
> oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException
> is the top-level exception?

Yes

> I was trying to follow an example in my book that
> catches SQLException and gets the error code. If I
> understand correctly what you are saying, Application
> Exception only controls the exception that is thrown
> out of the container

I think we're saying the same thing but just to clarify,
the application vs. system exception decision is made
by the container based on the top-level exception that
is thrown from the business method implementation back
to the container. If there are interceptor classes then this
does include the @AroundInvoke methods.

> when the EJB call stack
> completes (whether EJBException or an application
> exception is thrown)?
>
> Thanks,
> Kurz

[Message sent by forum member 'ksak' (ksak)]