users@glassfish.java.net

One connection block the other one out

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 05:16:48 PST

I'm very new to glassfish and setting up sql servers so chances are this is an easily solvable problem. Here goes...

I have set up a application server that runs two web applications that talks to a database each on a MS SQL server through the jtds driver.

The problem is that I can't run the two applications at the same time. When I restart the app server, I can launch app 1 just fine but when I try to run app 2 I get an error: "HTTP Status 503 - The requested service () is currently not available".

If I restart the app server again I can start app2 just fine but this will block out app1. In other words it depends on which application I start first.

The problem does not seem to be jtds-based because I get the exact same problem with microsofts jdbc-driver.

If additional information is needed to identify the problem please don't hesitate to tell me.
[Message sent by forum member 'kanalje' (kanalje)]