users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish ESB JMS DirectConsumer Exception

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:55:30 PST

Version: glassfishesb-full-installer-windows-20080910.exe

I have a simple web services that subscribes to a JMS topic. The service successfully receives some of the messages but the DirectConsumer exception is thrown for others. I have attached a copy of my project.

I have searched the web and noticed that others have solved this problem by configuring the JMS to LOCAL instead of EMBEDDED. When I make this change the web service successfully processes all messages. However, standalone clients fail with a connection refuse error.

The exception that is thrown is:
DirectConsumer:Caught Exception delivering messagecom.sun.messaging.jmq.io.Packet cannot be cast to com.sun.messaging.jms.ra.DirectPacket|#]

I would love for someone to explain to me as to what is going on and how to resolve this issue. If this is not the right forum please direct to the appropriate forum.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'tbefjowens' (tbefjowens)]