users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to delete a Servlet from Sun Java System Application Server

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 09:05:12 -0800

To answer the original question: Once loaded, a servlet will be cached
by the webapp's classloader.
Any changes to its underlying class file will not have any effect. In
order for any changes to a
class file bundled with a webapp to take effect, the webapp needs to be
redeployed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jan