users@glassfish.java.net

Opinions -- MDB and temporary destinations

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 07:03:04 PST

Gentlebeings,

I was not sure on the [i]correct[/i] forum for this question, so I thought I would start here and see where it gets me (asbestos undergarments equipped, L-N cooling tank at standby). If someone suggested to you that within an MDB, you send a message to another MDB and then block that MDB waiting for a response to be received on a temporary destination -- what would your response be? Do you feel this to be a bad idea, good idea, neither?

If they said that the "RPC" overhead associated to SLSB is too high, and that blocking the MDB is a better idea than going to SLSB and RMI, what would your response be?

I've crawled the forums and web already, just looking for additional input.

thanks and regards,
Dave
[Message sent by forum member 'dave_raymer' (dave_raymer)]