users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Applet unable to invoke http request to Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 17:09:01 PST

Actually, the access log is enabled in my case and is logging fine. For example, I can hit the JSP that launches the applet and of course this url is logged in the access log and the applet starts. But, the applet initialization code I wrote expects to hit another JSP to collect some data and it is that JSP that is NOT logged. However, if I trap this URL in the Java Console for the applet and copy/paste it to the browser it works fine and is logged...

So, for some reason the applet can not submit this request under Glassfish but works fine this way under JBoss. What would cause this behavior? How would you trouble-shoot this further?
[Message sent by forum member 'jameshr' (jameshr)]