users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse Glassfish server adapter - port conflict when starting

From: Ludovic Champenois <Ludovic.Champenois_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 03:45:41 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

>>> ok, i tried to browse to this URL. And....
>>> when server is runnig, i see the result page,
>>> but just after start the v3 from commandline, i
>>>
>> seen error page. I cant to measure time after which
>> this URL is avialable. Maybe it could help to retry
>> moretimes check this URL, or set some delay before
>> check.
>>
>>> Slavo
>>>

>> At this point the best is to enable more trace in the
>> plugin.
>> I posted a new one at
>> https://glassfishplugins.dev.java.net/files/documents/
>> 3651/116776/com.sun.enterprise.jst.server.sunappsrv_1.
>> 0.14.jar
>>
>> Just replace this jar from the one in eclipse/plugins
>> dir and restart
>> Eclipse.
>> Enable our plugin logging info,
>> Re run you start scenario and send me the trace.
>>
> OK, here is trace :).

...I see an infamous
    at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(Unknown Source)
    at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(Unknown Source)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(Unknown Source)
    at
com.sun.enterprise.jst.server.sunappsrv.commands.CommandRunner.call(CommandRunner.java:317)

When the plugin uses " http://localhost:4848/__asadmin/__locations" to
get the server location (tested needed to check if the server we are
talking to is really the server we want).
Any info about your networks settings (proxies, firewall,...)
If you have a firewall, can you disable it quickly and retest?
Google shows many posts with such error, without a clear answer.

Ludo