users@glassfish.java.net

How to use HSQL with GlassFish

From: Rama Sundari <sundari.drs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 14:25:29 +0530

Hi..
I want to use Hsql database with glassfishv2.
I have ccreated a connection pool with

Datasource class name as : org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcDataSource
Resource Type : javax.sql.DataSource

with the following Additional Properties :

<property name="User" value="sa"/>
 <property name="Password" value=""/>
 <property name="databaseName" value="jdbc:hsqldb:file:C:/mydb"/>
 <property name="driverClass" value="org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver"/>
 <property name="PortNumber" value="9001"/>
 <property name="serverName" value="localhost"/>

But When i try to ping from admin console I am getting an exception: No
PasswordCredential found

If i set some password and specify its value ..then I am getting some other
exception:

 Connection object cannot be null
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.resource.ResourceException: Connection
object cannot be null
what is the cause for these exceptions..Is any further configuration
needed...please tell me..
I am new to hsql..pls tell me any links or resources where i can get the
basics about how to get stared with HSQL and also how to
integrate hsql with glassfish...
--
Thanks,
Rama.