users@glassfish.java.net

grails shared-war deployment questions

From: Corey <corey_at_bitworthy.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:08:10 -0700

Hello!

I'm beginning the process of evaluating glassfish (v3-prelude).

Regarding the grails support - particularly, the shared-war feature:
is it meant to be used on a production server, or is the shared-war
intended for use only on development/testing machines?

I ask because, after reading GrailsGettingStarted wiki page, it's
easy enough to see what is needed to deploy a shared-war on one's
local development box, but I seem to be missing what else is
needed to deploy onto a remote production server - i.e.; I expect
I need to install the GlassFish support for Grails framework on
the production server's glassfish instance in order for the
shared-war to work? If so, how would I install that add-on onto
a remote headless server - updatetool is not going to be of
use there... is there a cli interface to updatetool, or some
other way of installing add-ons via command line?

Thanks!