users@glassfish.java.net

Strange Issue : Unable to start instance

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:35:42 PST

Hey Folks

I am kinda new to glassfish. I am facing problem while starting an instance in one of the node agents.Some time back I had successfully created an HA architecture using two machines.But now when i am trying the same thing on new machines, i get stuck at the basic step of starting instance at HOST2.

Here are the steps I followed
On HOST1
Created domain -> Created node-agent 'node1'

On HOST2
Created node agent 'node2' with reference of HOST1 (Also Acting as DAS)

On HOST1 (Also acting as DAS)
-> Created Cluster 'cluster1' -> created two instances(i1 and i2) in the cluster, one of each node, node1 and node2.

Started node agent on node1 and node 2 -> Sucessfull

Started instances : Result
i1 at node1 starts but startup of i2 fails,
i get the following error

[b]"Operation 'start' failed in 'cluster' Config Mbean. Target exception message: Not all server instances in cluster cluster1 were successfully started. Error unmarshaling return header; nested exception is: java.io.InterruptedIOException: Operation interrupted"[/b]

There is no severe, warning logs in server.log of i2.

And when i try to start i2 again it says

[b]"Operation 'start' failed in 'server' Config Mbean. Target exception message: NAGT0023:The node agent could not start instance i2. It is starting and must be stopped"[/b]

Any kind of help will be highly appreciated

Thanks
Anzy
[Message sent by forum member 'anzy' (anzy)]