users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JBoss and GlassFish both need port 8080

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:40:44 +0100

Markus Karg schrieb:
> Certainly I can do that, but that does not answer my question: "Why is
> GlassFish using port 8080?" i. e. what is that thing that will move to
> 8079?

Aaah... :) It's the "default" http-listener serving HTTP requests (i.e.
exposing Java EE web tier applications) to clients. It's been used exactly
for this purpose in every Java application server or servlet container I can
remember having used, for rather straightforward reasons [1]. ;)

Cheers,
Kristian

[1]http://www.grc.com/port_8080.htm

--