users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Grizzly consumes 100% CPU in SelectorThread.doSelect if client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:36:34 PST

I have just recently experienced this problem in my load testing and now noticed this thread...

Over the course of a 1 day test with a steady/stable load, the cpu slowly climbed to 90%.
My webapp had users log in and out. Same operation over and over.
My setup is on Solaris 10u5, with Sun AppServer 9.1u2, using java "1.6.0_10-rc".
Periodic thread dumps showed a steady number of threads, and memory consumption was fairly stable.
I do see grizzly in my thread dumps...
com.sun.enterprise.web.connector.grizzly.LinkedListPipeline for one.

How to proceed? How to identify what class/thread is responsible for the cpu behavior?
Thanks.
[Message sent by forum member 'russpet' (russpet)]