users@glassfish.java.net

unable to create physical queue on AIX with glassfish v2.1

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:19:56 PST

I am running my application on an AIX platform and initially noticed that when I stopped and restarted the instance and the 'DAS' server any message in my Queues were 'lost' even though the queues are configured as 'persistent'. Further investigation uncovered that the physical queues (actual files) were not being created when the 'imqcmd create dst -t q -n <QueueName> -b <hostname>:37676' command was issued to create the queue. Checking the '<installdir>/......./fs370/message' directory I find that there is no file that corresponds to the queuename I just created. The application installs and the physical queues are created correctly on my redhat systems. has anyone had this problem running on an AIX platform?
[Message sent by forum member 'rgafney' (rgafney)]