users@glassfish.java.net

JMS connection factory attributes

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 09:39:10 PST

Hi,

I'm using glassfish v2ur1-b09d with JMS.
I've set up the Connection Factory, Destination Queues etc via the glassfish admin web front-end. Part of my servlet-based application needs to browse the message queue.

For this I use QueueBrowser.getEnumeration(). This works for small message numbers in the queues. But when the numbers increase, say to 1000, the QueueBrowser does not bring back all the messages (it does not throw an exception either).

It has been suggested on the openmq forum to set the connection factory attribute "imqQueueBrowserRetrieveTimeout" to a different value.

I am however unsure of how to do this. Do I have to fiddle with the imqobjmgr or can i do it via the glassfish front-end ?

has anyone else experienced this JMS wierdness with the QueueBrowser ?
[Message sent by forum member 'philestine' (philestine)]