users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish 2.0 ur2 b04 on Ubuntu - rmi - Connection refused to host

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 20:51:25 PST

Hello.

I've attempted to install Glassfish v2 ur2 b04 on Ubuntu directly rather than by apt-get by following Ken Kranz' weblog.

When starting Glassfish, all seems to go very well until ...

Root exception is java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: my.domain.net ... java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out ...

upon which the already started services (http, https, admin, etc.) begin to disappear, and Glassfish closes down gracefully.

The reference to the domain name seems to be problematic.

My guess is that I need to add something to the domain.xml like:

<jvm-options>-Djava.rmi.server.hostname=localhost</jvm-options>
or maybe
<jvm-options>-Djava.rmi.server.host=192.168.1.44</jvm-options>

This is a fresh install of Ubuntu with no firewall enabled. IPTABLES is untouched.

Thank you for any insight you can offer.
[Message sent by forum member 'not_mel' (not_mel)]