users@glassfish.java.net

Re: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled. - Please help!

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:44:17 PST

RESOLVED!!! Can someone confirm the resolution please.

Responding to my question ... it is now working - a restart of the app. server did the trick.

Here is my theory ... if anyone could confimr this - I would much appreacite it.

processServiceRequest, actually sends out a message to an MDB. The firs time this app. was deployed to the production, there was an exception within the MDB ... could that have somehow messed the timer in the invoking stateless session bean? Since then, I had fixed the logic within the MDB and redeployed the app. but was facing this Timer already cancelled exception.

THe restart of the app. server cleared up what ever got busted when the MDB threw the exception - does this logic/explanation make sense?

If it does, can I make a suggestion to the glassfish team ... when the app. is redeployed, can you folks do something to clean up so the server doesnt need to be restarted.

Special thanks to mvatkina, jr158900, sm157516 for walking this with me.

If you are curious on what made me restart the app server ... jr158900 had asked me for the app. code - I decided to create a small test app. so it would keep the focus on the issue. Since jr158900 had also asked for the server log, I decided to shutdown the server, remove server.log file and then restarted, so we will have a clean log file with just the issue at hand to look at.
[Message sent by forum member 'rambomogambo' (rambomogambo)]