users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Failed to start org.glassfish.webservices.jsr109-impl(JSR-109 implementation to deploy Metro):10.0.0.SNAPSHOT

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:43:01 PST

We are experiencing the same problem after updating a b28 installation

- Unpack a fresh glassfish-v3.zip on Windows
- Run asadmin start-domain
- Access http://localhost:4848 and change JVM parameters to make it run properly (i.e. shrink heap from 768M to 512M on a 2GB system)
- Start domain again
- Access http://localhost:4848 and see there are 22 updates available
- Click that link to go to the list of updates.
- Install all updates at once
- Restart

The bundle mentioned in the error message - jsr-109-impl - is not listed as a bundle there, I guess it is a dependency of one of them.

I did not install Metro initially, it is listed under "Available Add-Ons" though; despite that I got the same error message after installing all 22 updates in one go (though I did get some error message at first, I will now try installing them one at a time and see if that works better.)
[Message sent by forum member 'context' (context)]