users@glassfish.java.net

Re: WSGEN fails with spurious NoClassDefFoundError/ClassNotFoundException

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 13:37:13 PST

I figured this one out - there's a bug somewhere in WSGEN which means that passing the classpath as a parameter isn't good enough; you actually have to have the classes on WSGEN's classpath.

The workaround is to look inside the wsgen.bat file and run it yourself with a classpath including the class you are looking for.

For example, I created a run profile in eclipse to run wsgen using my project's classpath and passing in the same parameters as the batch file would.
[Message sent by forum member 'dobes' (dobes)]