users@glassfish.java.net

Re: [V3] Deploying a mail session as a JNDI resource

From: akochnev <akochnev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:53:38 -0800 (PST)

I do have a pretty good idea of how to "manually" set up a mail session using
plain javamail apis (or Spring for that matter). The problem is that I'm
deploying to two different environments ( this is kinda funny, typically
it's the othe way around : [test:'Glassfish', prod:'Jetty']), and the mail
session is linked to in the deployment descriptor. It would be somewhat
inconvenient to have to pick up a session from JNDI in one of the
environments, and manually configure a session in the other.

Anyway, is such a feature somewhere on the radar in the foreseeable future ?

Cheers,

Alex Kotchnev