users@glassfish.java.net

GlassFish Install Questions (will v3 installer have an upgrade option)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 09:10:51 PST

I have a question regarding the GlassFish v3 installer (when it becomes production).

We now have v2 installed in production. Will the GlassFish v3 installer provide an upgrade option where it will overlay the v2 install and use config files there?

Or

will the v3 install simply be a fresh new install of everything, not allowing an upgrade (replace files etc) and where we will have to re-configure and re-deploy everything in a new installation?

The thing we need is a failure rollback feature where if the update fails, the old v2 installation will remain in tact.

The last question is, if v3 will offer an update, and if there is a failure on upgrade, will things be nicely rolled back so that v2 will continue to work?

The reason being that v2 is in production and we can not risk the downtime that may occur if the v3 install fails so we want to know if the v3 installer will rollback nicely.

JavaTek9
[Message sent by forum member 'javatek9' (javatek9)]