users@glassfish.java.net

How to use Woodstock and Ajax?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:15:33 PST

For some time I've been using Woodstock through the Visual Web plugin of Netbeans but Ajax tutorials don't exist or are too simple.

I'd like to know if there is a reference documentation with examples of the Woodstock project about asynchronous calls and topic subscriptions. I've visited the Woodstock project home page, but sample code is not enough clear for me: what is sent, what data is received, what componets are updated, how topics are handled, etc.

For instance: can I submit components a and b and then asynchronosuly update components c and d? If the asynch update of c means that component e must also be updated, how can I update component e? Is it required to submit data again to update e or is updated data already in the browser waiting to update the component? Do I have to use a topic subscription?

Another issue is that if a component is inside of a hierarchy of components, the "name" of the comoponent is the list of components in the hierarchy as "form1:gp1:myText", but some components seem to be "transparent" (don't appear in the component name) and it's not clear for me which of them are.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'aperezymadrid' (aperezymadrid)]