users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Websphere 5.x to Glassfish App Conversion

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 13:36:42 PST

Lookups are done within the App Server - executing within the same JVM. The EJBeans are all within the same app server, different threads. JNDI Names are declared within the sun-ejb-jar.xml file. For example, the previous bean called CWMManager is defined as:

<sun-ejb-jar>
    <enterprise-beans>
        <ejb>
            <ejb-name>CWMManager</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>ejb/CWMManager</jndi-name>
        </ejb>
    </enterprise-beans>
</sun-ejb-jar>

BTW - This xml file was created using the ASMIGRATE utility from the original IBM ear files. Now, for the last few weeks, I've been working at getting everything glued together. There are a lot of parts that were broken - and I got some of it working, one small step at a time. I am NOT an EJB guru; but I am not a novice either, having worked on a few enterprise and distributed Java projects over the years. This is the first I've ever had something like this though. What I do know, the code and all classes work flawlessly in Websphere - what I am tasked to accomplish is to get it to work in Glassfish.

Thanks for the EJB FAQ; this may be helpful - but at the moment I am confused after reading through a few of the entries.
[Message sent by forum member 'loungelizard' (loungelizard)]