users@glassfish.java.net

Webapp Synchronization and Replication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 14:04:32 PST

Hello All,

I'm currently involved in a project to architect a system that will serve a webapp out of multiple clustered systems. Each cluster will consist of somewhere between 2 and 6 load balanced machines depending on location. Then, we want to put each cluster in key geographic locations (i.e., one on west coast, one on east coast, one in europe, etc..). We will probably end up with 4 to 5 clusters total.

Ok, so how do we manage this? Does glassfish have anything that will help us out here? Ideally, we'd like something that would allow us to pick a "master" cluster and admin/update that and have those updates automatically pushed out to the other clusters. I'm not worried so much about session replication (we'll probably use a hardware based sticky load balancer) as much as I am managing updates to the web application itself. For the database side, we are looking at using oracle advanced streaming, but another guy is working out those details and isn't my problem ;-)

Any input would be appreciated, even if it is pointing me away from glassfish or letting me know what portions of this glassfish provides and what I would have to write myself.

Thanks!
-Michael
[Message sent by forum member 'bowmanmc' (bowmanmc)]