users@glassfish.java.net

Re: File Descriptor Leak

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:44:00 PST

I can't say anything about the Sockets used in the app server code itself. Which is the main reason for my post.

Our code does use some non-blocking sockets (java.nio.channels package). We do detect when the remote ends just disconnects and we do clean up after ourselves.

We've watched the file descriptor directory as our sockets are created and then destroyed and have been able to prove to ourselves that its not our application sockets causing the leak.

We think the app server is the culprit somewhere down in the "bowels" of the CORBA protocol stack. We're getting ready to try our app on Apache Geronimo to see if its any different.
[Message sent by forum member 'snewbold' (snewbold)]