users@glassfish.java.net

Need use login-page/j_security check with BASIC authentication

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:38:17 PST

I am using Netbeans and glassfish. In my web.xml I have all the pages of my application, except for a login page behind BASIC authentication method security. I need, with my unsecured login page to be able to login, and when hitting any other pages, the basic auth popup will not appear because I have logged in.

How can I do this? I cannot switch to FORM. Use j_security_check and a filter? A custom servlet? Any examples/ideas?

Thanks in advance.
[Message sent by forum member 'mkat' (mkat)]