users@glassfish.java.net

How can web sessions leak?

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 13:42:14 -0500

Hi,

I'm investigating a heap dump of GlassFish and my application that has
recently had "out of heap space" errors twice over the last few weeks.
I noticed that there are about 85 web session instances hanging around.
Some are successful transactions, others incomplete or failed
transactions. There doesn't seem to be a pattern and I know that
thousands of other transactions have completed without leaking their
sessions.

I'm wondering if anyone has a clue what I should be looking for? Also,
these sessions are no more than a few KB each so I can't see this
causing my out of heap space exceptions. I'm having hard time knowing
where to start or what to look for.

Thanks,
Ryan