users@glassfish.java.net

WebServer 7.0 plugin not initiated for Sun Java System Applciation Server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 23:13:19 PST

Hi,

Environment - Sun Java System Applciation Server Enterprise Edition 8.2, one server as Windows XP Pro v2002 SP2 and other server as Windows 2003 Enterprise edition SP1. DAS on Windows 2003 machine.

Application has been deployed successfully on a cluster. I am able to access the application successfully with machine specific urls. I configured the WebServer 7.0 plugin for the same with the following changes.

1. Created folders passthrough/bin under C:\Program Files\Sun\JavaES5\WebServer7\plugins
2. Copied passthrough.dll file from C:\Program Files\Sun\JavaES5\appserver\lib\webserver-plugin\windows\iws folder on application server m/c to C:\Program Files\Sun\JavaES5\WebServer7\plugins \passthrough\bin\ folder on webserver m/c.
3. Copied *.res files from C:\Program Files\Sun\JavaES5\appserver\lib\webserver-plugin\windows\iws folder on application server m/c to C:\Program Files\Sun\JavaES5\WebServer7\plugins\lbplugin\resources folder on webserver m/c
4. Obj.conf file changes:

<Object name="default">, add NameTrans fn="assign-name" from="/*" name="passthrough"

<Object name="passthrough">
ObjectType fn="force-type" type="magnus-internal/passthrough"
PathCheck fn="deny-existence" path="*/WEB-INF/*"
Service type="magnus-internal/passthrough"
fn="service-passthrough" servers="http://<appserver-m/c>:<port>"
Error reason="Bad Gateway" fn="send-error" uri="$docroot/badgateway.html"
</Object>

5. Magnus.conf file changes:
Init fn="load-modules" shlib=" C:\Program Files\Sun\JavaES5\WebServer7\plugins\passthrough\bin\libpassthrough.dll" funcs="init-passthrough,auth-passthrough,check-passthrough,service-passthrough" NativeThread="no"

Init fn="init-passthrough"

However, the url with the web server is not working. It is looking for the application in the <docroot>/doc of the web server. It seems like the plug in is not initiated and is not accessing the application server.

Kindly help me with some workarround for the same.

Thanks,
Neelima.K
[Message sent by forum member 'kaliki' (kaliki)]